So do you pray for your church? And I don't mean praying for this person or that person's friend or this need or that need. In our culture we focus to a fault on the individual. God's Word focusses more on the community as a whole. Could we also shift our focus to be a bit more balanced? Rather than praying only for individuals in our church who have needs, could we pray for our church and her ministries just as much? And for the community our church is trying to impact for Christ?
I challenge you to pray for your church. And when you do, here are some starting points for things you might begin to pray for:
- Pray for current leaders to have wisdom and strength.
- Pray for future leaders to be called out and gifted for future ministries.
- Pray for ministries of the church that you and/or your family are involved with or impacted by.
- Pray that our church would still be the church when we're scattered throughout our community throughout the week's work and busy-ness.
- Pray for unity in our church body.
- Pray that God would send people to our church who don't know Christ and people who know Him but don't have a church home to plug into.
- Pray that God would gift people through His Holy Spirit to fill ministry gaps in our midst so we can be a more whole and healthy body of Christ.
- Pray for services and events that are coming up on our calendar...that they'd have kingdom impact.
Like I say, let this be a starting point. But if you believe at all in what your church is trying to do, please, please partner with us in prayer!